Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Barely Alive

I'm so sorry that this explanation is coming late, but I think you'll forgive me after you see the craziness that I'm still recovering from...
Plus.. I just got promoted @ work (YAY!)  and I'm trying to transition/hire for my old position.. needless to say its a little hectic ...
I'm really swamped with things I shouldn't be spending time on right now.
But on to the good stuff...
I think I have about 5 neuron's left in my noggin
after NOLA.... All in celebration of my love Ms. Alex
Me and this girl go way back..
She is one of the sweetest, genuine, and all out just hilarious women I have the pleasure of knowing.
She's the kinda girl that where ever she is... is where the party's at!
So when I heard the bachelorette party was going to go down in New Orleans, I got pretty excited because I had never been! I love traveling and learning about new places so this was gonna be freakin awesome! But every time I told someone that I was going to NOLA, I'd get a weird faced reaction and a response of.. "what ever you do.. don't wear open toe shoes on Bourbon"....
Now, what the heck kind of advice is that?! ....But whatev's.. I was still excited to go on this trip... so off I went to go pack...
(with some nice closed toed shoes)
The Bachelorette shenanigans were complete madness...
for the lack of neurons still trying to recuperate... we'll let the photo's explain the fantastic time I had in NOLA>
Lets start off with the innocent ones...
The whole gang! ( Act like you dont see me trying to hide my brewski)
Karen & Gabby
   
Alex and I                                                             Gabby & I
Gabby N ALex

Lots of calorie packed yummy good food was consumed...
Beignet from Cafe Du Monde
 (These are kinda like a heavily powdered sugared doughnut...Heaven in your mouth....no joke)
Gabby and Alex just straight up walked into this patio restaurant and started eating off their plates!!! Crazy girls... (the faces on Nicole & Karen are classic)
Gabby & her craw fish friend Fred
Alex n Kellie grubbin @ 3:30am...
I don't think people give enough credit to Bourbon St for the entertainment during the day... ok ok.. when your not suffering from a massive hangover from he night before...
But its beautiful!
Fantastic weather and architecture

A street band from the "country".. more like just stinky and grungy homeless men that found some instruments..., but good music
this dog cracked me up.. it...did.. not ... move...
but just sat there frozen for everyone to take pictures.
 
Wait a sec...
This gal was directing traffic like a professional with a whip and everything...
Get it Gurl!! Chic has some balls to wear something like that..  punt intended ;)
Also did a couple seductive dances on cars as they drove by.. HILARIOUS!
OK OK..
Now for the fun...
Alex getting some kind of shot from our waitress :)

Typical Asian-gang-signs!

Party rockin 
Just trying to disguise ourselves and not get recognized.. I think mine was a cat with glasses or something..kinda weird.. but oh well..
               Lots of day drinking to be had on Bourbon St... Fish bowls all around for the gang :)
                      
                                                Plenty of shots..
Plenty of Drinks..
I think Nicole had something on her face ... totally innocent
This Grenade Girl is my homie
                                                   Lots of Dancing...

                                                And late night photo Ops
Me and Kristen 
Alex and Kellie
This is a pic of us getting back to our hotel at 430am.. right after this pic.. Kristen fell into the bushes.... hilarious..
The next night... we hit the jackpot and attended the "Boy"lesque Show @ the House of Blues..
We were not disappointed lol 

We called him Chocolate Thunda.

Yup.. that foo is completely naked besides his socks, hat and bow tie

And we have no clue what was up with this monkey boy.. He was wearing knee high- high heels and was throwing bananas into the crowd while making monkey sounds.. Then he requested the audience to come spank the monkey after the show lol


Yea.. I took a bathroom pic.. I'm THAT girl.. so what..

Yea don't mind that Johnson shaped water gun Alex's holding..
She went around giving people shots out of it the whole weekend lol
totally appropriate..

                                          Gabby's picking out her favorite cock-a-doodle

                                   And just for good measure.. some silly pics :)



All HAIL Queen Alex :) If this trip was any testament of how the wedding will be in June.. We're headed for a good freaking time.. :) So excited!




No comments: